Welcome to our family's Haiti happenings!


"Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell
in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee
the desires of thine heart.

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and
he shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:3-5







Sunday, October 31, 2010

THE SCORPION THAT STUNG ME!

It was 9:30 last night. Little Caleb woke me up because he was crying.
As I lay in bed thinking about what I was going to do with him, I felt a sharp
pain on my leg. A bee, I thought, a bee has gotten in my bed! I reached my hand
down to feel it and I felt another sharp pain on my hand. This time it was even more
painful!! I remembered mom saying that a scorpion sting is like being porked by a needle,
and hurts worse than a bee sting! I had already gotten stung by a bee earlier this month and this was
 much worse! I checked my sheets for the culprit, and found nothing. Caleb was still crying, so I jumped down
off my bunk  bed and went to see what he needed.  Mom was with him, so I just went to the bathroom, and then
 was going back to bed. When I entered the bathroom I felt this thing moving in my shirt!! I shook it and out
dropped this scorpion! I screamed & bolted from the bathroom! Dad heard my screams and was already
 out of his room. "A scorpion!"  I said, "a scorpion stung me!!"  Jeremy had also heard my screams and
 came out of his room. Together, Dad and Jeremy went into the bathroom, armed with a flashlight,
and killed the terrible beast!  I sat in the living room shaking with fear and disbelief, I thought of
Kim who always had scorpions in her bed and got stung several times. I wondered if there
were any more in my bed... I didn't want to go back to bed, but since it was only 9:30,
 I knew I had to. Mom and I checked the bed and room thoroughly and then we prayed.
 I stayed awake for awhile, but finally fell asleep. Josh & Jason never woke up the
 whole night. I couldn't wait for morning to come, so I  could get out of bed. I got
 up as soon  as the sun came up over the mountain. I can't believe that
 I've been here for almost 6 months and seen so many scorpions, but
 now there was one in my bed!  I will be checking my room more
carefully for crawling creatures every night! I can empathize with
Kim and all she went through years ago.  We both don't like
crawling creatures, but they seem to like us!! I'm thankful
Caleb woke me up, or it could have been much worse :-(



7 comments:

  1. Scary! I've been stung twice by a scorpion...not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had to get stung my one. I'm sure that would be no fun!:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Jo... That is no fun at all. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sorry to hear that you were bitten. We saw scorpions eating roaches one night when we were there. Glad you're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that must have hurt! You did a good job of desrcibing the scenario.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry. Check your bed every night even the foot of the bed. That is where they like to hide out. I still check here often but have not found any in our bed yet. Just in our room on the walls or in the living room on the floor. Have not been stung in a while thankfully. I think the Fl are not as sting happy.

    ReplyDelete