Welcome to our family's Haiti happenings!


"Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell
in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee
the desires of thine heart.

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and
he shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:3-5







Thursday, January 27, 2011

HAITI EARTHQUAKE ANNIVERSARY JAN.12TH 2011

As I sit back and reflect on the anniversary of the earthquake, I'm reminded of the power that God has. It amazes me at what 35 seconds can do to a nation.Then the question comes to mind. Why would God allow something like this to happen to Haiti? Why this little forgotten island in the Caribbean? Is it because they have turned their hearts away from Him, and dedicated themselves to Satan? Was the Quake Gods' judgement on Haiti? Sometimes I wonder if God brought Jeremy, Josh and I out of Haiti because He wanted us to come back and serve Him here.

When we came to Haiti two years ago, I didn't think that we would be coming back, at least not in the near future. Then when the earthquake happened, and Dad told us that he felt like the Lord was calling us back to Haiti I didn't know what to do. I'd never planned on living in Haiti, and I never wanted to.I didn't want to leave family and friends.

But as time went on I realized that I wasn't going to have a choice. So at that time I made up my mind that I was going to look at Haiti as an adventure, and it has indeed been an adventure!

Now as most of you know Jeremy, Josh, Alayna, and I are busy taking care of four handicapped children. I admit it hasn't been easy, trying to take care of the children and do school. But God is good and has brought us through day by day.
Serving Him in Haiti, JoHannah

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Ps 46:10


This is the National Memorial for the mass grave of earthquake victims.
Over 300,000 people lost their lives in the Jan. 12, 2010 earthquake.


We shopped at this grocery store in 2009.  The owners were
in the store when it came down, but thankfully God
spared their lives. This is the reason why we're here.

Buildings simply pancaked to the ground at that moment.


This is the "Eternal flame" that Aristid built when he
was here. It is no longer burning.
One of the many street markets of Haiti.

A typical Haiti scene.


3 comments:

  1. So sweet to hear your heart here JoHannah. Love you and praying for y'all as you serve the Lord there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan, for the words of encouragement and prayers. We love you and miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agrees with Susan....

    ReplyDelete